Holiday Decor & Money-saving Ideas
Money saving tips and holiday decor ideas that last well beyond the holidays! You don’t have to break the bank to have fabulous holiday decor.
- Shop your house first! – I’m sure you have some beautiful home decor pieces that you can put together to make a great holiday display.
- Look for items like candle holders, glass or bronze dishes, vases or even books that can be incorporated into your display. I love the idea of putting collections of items together that on first thought you wouldn’t think naturally go together but they always end up working just perfectly! I call it RebelegantTM design – elegant design with a touch of rebellion that allows you to be creative and design outside the box so give it a try and see what you come up with…
- Look for decor pieces that are Low Investment and High Impact
- Make quick changes such as holiday inspired Pillows for your couch (examples range from $16-24)
- Don’t have to stay traditional to red and green – Try a Mix of Metallics in silver, gold and bronze
- Purchase pieces you can reuse in your home decor after the holidays such as mercury glass candleholders – festive for the holidays but still useable in your home decor after the holidays!
- Spend on an investment or focal piece for an upcoming party – floral pieces designed by Lee Forrest Design www.leeforrestdesign.com
- Use a great linen as a foundation to your table design – Linen by Over the Top Linens www.overthetopinc.com
- Hair and makeup this morning by Simone Rosas of Makeover Station www.makeoverstation.com
Happy Designing and Send Me Photos of Your Holiday Decor Looks! I’d love to see them!
Dorm Decor and Small Space SolutionsJuly 28th, 2019
DIY Dorm Hacks Under $10: Organize Your Small SpaceAugust 22nd, 2018
How to Throw a Royal Wedding Tea PartyMay 17th, 2018
Top Spring Home Trends 2017March 24th, 2017
Dorm Decor Must Haves To Make It HomeAugust 19th, 2016