Spring Home Trends – Color! Color! Color!
Wondering how to give your home décor a refresh and pop for Spring? Here are some easy and affordable tips that you can use to add some new life to your home this season!
Color, Color, Color!
- The best way to brighten your house and your mood in time for Spring is with color!
- Quick and easy changes like these don’t have to be expensive, you can get just a few new accessories or pillows for $10-25 and you’ll feel like you walked into a whole new room
- The key to home décor is being surrounded by things that you love and make you happy!
Living Room or Master Bedroom
- Use some new colorful pillows, throws and accessories to bring a renewed life to your living room or master bedroom in bright cheery colors like blues, oranges, lime greens or buttery yellows
- Add some new and fresh artwork in bright colors
- Surround yourself with happy and positive messages on your decorative pillows or the artwork to keep you uplifted
- Even change out your rugs seasonally as an affordable but impactful change to updating your room – $50-150
- Add a new brightly colored sidetable as another affordable impact piece $30-70
- Tip: Pick rugs or bedding with a neutral base color as foundation pieces that you don’t have to switch out throughout the year so you can easily just update your spaces by adding color through inexpensive accessories
- It’s so easy to add some life to your kitchen in an extremely affordable way by changing your table linen to a brighter hue or adding some colorful placemats, napkins or dishes to refresh the look.
- These are easy and accessible changes that can literally range from just a couple of dollars for a canister in a bright color for your countertop to less than $10 for a set of four new placemats or linen napkins to update your table
- Again, add some new artwork and voila you’ll feel like you walked into an inviting new room that is cheery
- It’s easier than you think to also update your décor by changing or updating pieces you currently have such as painting a side table another color or changing the fabric on your kitchen chair cushions
- It’s additionally easy to spray paint some serving trays or cover in a fabric you love to repurpose an item that you already have.
- Switch out items from around your house and move them to different rooms to give yourself a new look without spending a dime
- You can also easily swap out your curtains in any room for a brighter shade for Spring/Summer and then switch them back for Fall/Winter to a darker shade
- Don’t be intimidated by change, go for it and you will love the results and have a brand new cheery environment to start the new season!
Send me your design questions in the comments below or email me at Jamie@JamieO.co and I’ll be happy to help you with some ideas! Here’s to a colorful and happy Spring season!
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas + Spring Entertaining EssentialsApril 28th, 2023
How to Prep and Enjoy the Big Game!February 6th, 2023
Dorm Decor and Small Space SolutionsJuly 28th, 2019
DIY Dorm Hacks Under $10: Organize Your Small SpaceAugust 22nd, 2018
How to Throw a Royal Wedding Tea PartyMay 17th, 2018